Photos: Col. Al Lanier and Charles mother Lucy Baney
Charles was a Rigger in the 109th Quartermaster Company (Air Delivery) and was part of a detachment of men at Da Nang supporting the Marines at Khe Sanh at the time of his death.
Who were on the C-130 along with Charles Baney:
Air Division 315th, 776 TAS
|1. Joseph L Hannah, Capt. -scalp lac.-pilot, collar
bone broken and 200 stitches
2. Erle L. Bjorke, Capt.-fatal-co-pilot
3. James R. Hottenroth, fatal, 1st Lt., Navigator
4. Edward Mosley, fatal ,pit Mech.
5. John Snyder, fatal, A2C, Loadmaster
6. Lawrence Berneski,fatal, A1C, Loadmaster
7. Charles Baney,fatal, Sgt, US Army Rigger
Website with information about the Fatal Crash
Captain Bjorke's daughter Kristine Blanksma
THE CRASH OF CAPTAIN BJORKE'S C130